Monday, April 6, 2015

Group swim in GSL

Last Friday I met up with Chad, Jason and Sam at the GSL.  We made our way into the water which felt much cooler than 60 degrees, however the many readings I took from my watch resulted in 60.0°F even at the lowest.  After the swim I picked up another thermometer cause I don't trust my watch is correct.  I'll confirm its accuracy next week.

We swam out the marina and then along the deep channel along the breakwall.  We swam to the second red buoy and then turned back.  It was 1 mile exactly for that route.  I was pretty cold.  Everytime the group stopped to wait for me at the buoys, we talked briefly and I was shivering in the
water.  Not terribly, but I was cold.  I had to keep moving.

The inside of the marina felt cooler than outside.  It was nice to have a group to swim with.

I also swam with the South Davis Masters group last Friday morning, so I got in 3 miles of swimming total on Friday.  Pretty good.

I met with Dr. Gardiner on Thursday and he said I just need to continue on with the PT and keep stretching.  No word on the official thumbs up for getting in the water though.  Kind of don't ask, don't tell policy at this point.

This morning I swam with Chad at 24hr at 4am.  Here's what I did:

Warmup:
    200 breaststroke + 400 kick with fins

Main Set:
    6 x 100's free on 1:40
    2 x 50's back on 1:00
    8 x 200's free on 3:15
    4 x 50's breast on 1:00

3,100 yards total

No comments: