Monday, March 30, 2015

One week of normalcy

This past week I took the leap.  I started swimming freestyle stroke again.  The first day I swam 200 yards, the next day 400 yards and so on.

This morning got up at 2:15 to get to the pool for Chad.  Swam 2,800 yards and the shoulder felt fine.  Forcing myself to only allow myself to increase my distance a little at a time.  Can't go nuts and mess it up.  Went to work and spent an hour on the treadmill and then 30 minutes with the light weights that my PT has me doing.

On Friday I put my shoulder to the test. I swam several 100's freestyle at a 85% effort.  Got 1:22 - 1:24 on them.   Here's the data.  Pleased with the low swolf score. Pain and tightness still an issue for sure.  Just got to be patient.  I'm still many weeks ahead of what I'm really supposed to do, so I'm being careful to really listen to my body and not overdo it.

Meet with the PT this morning.

Swam 11,000 yards this past week total.  Just enough to stay sane.  Part of that included a swim in the GSL last Friday for 1/2 mile where the water was in the high 50's.  The air temp was awesome.  I forgot my grease and was feeling some serious "heat" on the back of my neck and on my cheeks.  Need to remember to bring that stuff.  It's crucial for longer swims.






No comments: