Saturday, May 31, 2014

Time Warp

Kris about to blow out her Birthday Candles after workout.
It's amazing how time seems to breeze right by both in the long term and short term sense.  This morning I coached a "40" themed swim workout, celebrating South Davis Masters head coach Kris Edward's 40th birthday.  It was a tough workout, but they all seemed to enjoy it.

Afterwards, had a short coaches meeting then I met Sarah out at Bountiful Lake for a swim.  She already swam thousands of yards at the pool.  I swam 7 Josh Green laps, and she said when we started she was going for 4.  Once we got started, we got separated which isn't a big deal, it's a short 1/2 mile course around the islands and it was a calm morning.  The time just flew by for that swim.

Can't believe it's now June, the same month of my big MIMS swim, and only have two weeks before the race.  I'm getting excited!  Time has flown by.  Good thing I've trained hard and am ready for this thing.  I'll be starting to taper the end of next week.

Later this evening I took Cathi to join the team at the theater for a showing of "Malificent".  What a great movie.  I liked it.

Crazy day next Saturday being the GSLOW race.  I'll have a busy day!

Total: 3.75 miles

No comments: