Saturday, January 25, 2014

Layton Surf N' Swim

It's been quite a while since I swam at my old training grounds, the Layton Surf N' Swim pool.  I slept in a bit and missed masters at SDRC but I still wanted my swim so I was in the pool at 0720 this morning.  The water temp felt a little warm, but not to the point of developing heat exhaustion, but still far from ideal.  It was 84°.

I fault LSnS much less than Clearfield.  LSnS has only one pool in the winter, where Clearfield has two:  A warm pool and a warmer pool, both right next to a hot tub that often has as many people in it as the other two pools.

I did my distance routine:

100 free
200 IM
300 - 4 x 75's drill
400 kick with fins alt dolpin/flutter/front/back by 100s
500 pull moderate effort
600 - 3 x 200 IMs
700 - 2 x (250 free + 100 back) no rest
800 - 4 x 200's free on 2:50 (alternate IM recovery on the coming down set)
900 - 9 x 100's free on 1:25
1000  pull focusing on EVF and the initial catch technique.

Then did the sets again going down.

Total: 11,000 yards in 3:20

Not to keen on all the photos emerging with duct tape over the nose.  I don't get it.  It's silly.  Really silly. Call me a stick in the mud, but I'm not participating.

I heard that the Syracuse fun center is building a pool which will be where Syracuse High will swim next year.  I'll be keeping a close eye on that facility once it opens and perhaps may be where I swim regularly when I take my kids to get them trained.

No comments: