Thursday, October 17, 2013

Chatting with Jim

This afternoon  I met Jim Hubbard out at the Marina and we swam out to past the red buoy together.  In fact we more like doggy paddled/ breast stroked it.  We chatted the whole time.  The water was comfortable.  It was 59 degrees.  The round trip "swim" took 40 minutes and was probably about 600 yards total.  I didn't care.  It was more about the exposure to the water and getting to talk with Jim a little instead of just jump in and swim past each other a few times.

He gave me some of the most delicious apples I've ever had!  He has an orchard of apple trees and these apples were huge and juicy.  What a nice guy!

I need to take more pics when I get out there.  The water was REALLY calm and flat even out of the marina.  It was glassy.  Perfect for calm swimming and hanging out with your friends out in the lake.

Total: 1/3 mile in 40 minutes

No comments: