Monday, August 5, 2013

Funny dream

Last night I had an interesting dream.  I'm not an interpreter, so I don't know what it means really but here is the gist of it:

In my dream, I had an agreement to meat up with Rob Dumouchel to swim with him and a group at Avila Beach.  I was really late getting there at the agreed time and when I got there the two lifeguards said they had already gone out.  They showed me a box at the base of the lifeguard stand, reached in and asked me to put on this orange old-school wool swimsuit for the swim.  I was confused.  I never saw Rob wear one of these.  Why were they enforcing a rule that I wear one of these goofy looking things?  I asked them why, and they said that all noobie open water swimmers had to wear them so they could be more visible to the guards so if the swimmer had a problem, they would be easier to see.

I got a little defensive.  I was like, "Dude!  What makes you think I'm a noobie? I swam the English Channel last summer."  They were like, "Yeah right, then why are you wearing fins?"  I looked down and I was like "What the hell?"   I never swim with fins in open water, how did they get there?   I woke up laughing.

Yesterday Goody sent me this picture via facebook.  I had to share with Cathi, I thought it was quite funny.

This morning I slept in and man did that feel great!  I'll get in a short swim in this afternoon after work.  One week from right now Joelle should be only a few miles from finishing her Catalina swim.  And I'll only one day away from starting mine.

No comments: