Friday, July 12, 2013

I want to move to Logan

Every time I visit the Logan Sports Academy I want to move here.  This is the best facility I have ever been to.  It has everything and then some.  The outdoor pool temp was 78.4 degrees.

This morning I was in the water at 0600 and did this workout that I wrote down previously:

400 easy
800 - 2 x 400 IMs
1500 - 5 x (100 free strong, 50 kick, 100 sprint, 50 stroke)
1600 - 4 x 400's odd free, even IM
3200 - 8 x 400's pull (first four ankle band, second four without, each set switch to smaller paddles) :10 ri
800 - 2 x 400's kick with fins
800 - 4 x 200s odd free, even IM
900 - 3 x 300 ascending effort

10,000 yards total in 3:15

Reenactment of the invasion. I was in the lane closest to
the outside of the lane lanes. Hugging the line
as close to the rope as possible, but still not given much mercy
until the coach stepped in.  Thanks Coach!
At 0700 a bunch I was asked to move over to the other side of the pool for the age group kids.  They did a lot of game playing and talking and very little swimming.  Not that I care, but just a interesting observation.  At SDRC they're constantly going, no goofing off there.  Then at 0800 the other side of the pool was invaded by about 30 geriatrics layered in floaties.

They tried moving into my little vertical space in the pool and I noticed the kids were still playing their underwater tag game so I moved back over one lane into their area cause the water aerobics instructor was giving me some serious dagger looks.

Then I heard the age group coach yell out, to the instructor "He's with us, he can take that lane!"  Then one of the kids said I could move back over and take the lane I was in.  They old folks moved over 2 feet and let me continue.

During one of my interval breaks the coach came over and apologized and said that they usually take three lanes, and he didn't want the water aerobics folks thinking they could get that extra lane for free.  He was very cool about it.

The first 1000 or so my shoulders were stiff, but after those IM's they felt great and I was in for the long haul.  After I got out I went and did my lifting and fell in love with this place.  Every time I visit Logan, I'm coming here!

No comments: