Sunday, April 7, 2013

Kayaker appreciation Barbecue and spring kickoff

Today at noon I met at the GSL Marina pavilion with Sue, Todd, Kate, Stacey, Jim, Rachel, and new comers: Tanya Harris and Kirk Parker.  We were joined by kayakers: Ryan Frehse, Lucy and Jacob Gridley, and Angela Sandberg and her crew.

Kate, Sue, Stacey and me about to get in.
I wish I had taken pictures at the barbecue.  Lots of good food and fun with friends.  We did the raffle drawing and Kate picked out the name of..... Esther Stokes!  I called her afterwards and dropped it off at her place.  She was thrilled.

It was overcast this afternoon with a slight breeze.  I was a little cold to be honest.  The water though didn't feel bad at all.  We swam outside the marina and I did a loop out to the second red buoy north of the marina and the round trip took 25 minutes.  A route that I'll put conservatively at .90 miles.  I brought my GPS this time, but look a doofus left it in the car.

When I got back the wind had picked up a little and there was some chop starting to form out there.  It was fun, but would have been better if it were sunny and a larger group that participated in the swim.   But with it still being 60° it is a little too cold for many.

It was a lot of fun getting together with everyone.  Thanks to Sue and Todd for cooking up the chicken and everyone for bringing lunch.  It was delicious.


 

No comments: