Saturday, March 30, 2013

Biographical documentary

Michael Slade sent one of his students who needed to do a video biography of someone and he suggested me as the subject.  I met Brooke at the GSL Marina this morning and spent a lot of time answering questions  about various things related to the English Channel swim and marathon swimming in general.

Then she got in the front of the kayak while Lucy paddled and I swam out towards blackrock.  I got about 3/4 way there, and she ran out of batteries.  I had a bad feeling about leaving all my English Channel memorabilia just laying out there on the dock.  I had my kids there, but I wasn't sure I could rely on them to keep an on it for me.  So we turned around and headed back.

Lucy paddled way ahead of me so she could get Brooke back to get her battery recharged in her car for a little bit more coverage.  When I arrived back at the dock I felt good and swam strong the whole time.  However once I got out, I did get the shakes pretty good.  The temp on my watch read 57°F.  I estimate that the total distance was over 1.5 miles so I'll go with 1.5.

Once I get the final video cut I'll post a link here.

Total: 1.5 miles in :47 minutes

No comments: