Saturday, December 1, 2012

600 yards at 47 degrees

This afternoon Cathi and I stopped at the GSL Marina and met up with Sue Frehse and her husband Todd and their son Ryan who also came to earn his cap.  He did great and withstood the cold to earn his own cap.  We also had Vicky show up and also stayed in for more than 12 minutes.  I wanted to hit that 600 yard mark as well as the 20 minute mark.

Swam along with Goody and Josh and got that 1 1/2 laps and did it in 21 minutes.  I did it all breaststroke which is nice because I don't have to deal with the cold from the upper shoulders up.  Josh and Goody were amused with the very distinct red line where the water line was on my back.

So with tonight there are officially 6 qualified swimmers for the New Years Day Race.  Looking forward to Tuesday evening.

Today swam over 3 miles which I'm very pleased with.

No comments: