Saturday, November 24, 2012

White Saturday Swim

This afternoon I brought Cathi, and some of my kids to the White Saturday Swim we had set up at the Great Salt Lake Marina.  I brought a one burner stove and started boiling some water for hot chocolate.  Goody arrived and soon we had a group of 11 swimmers!  The thermometer Jim brought said 50 something.

Goody gave everyone a little safety briefing and we all lined up for a quick picture and got in for the swim.  I did some sidestroke to other side of the marina.  We had a SUP support from Trixie from Park City.  It was nice to have her there to help keep an eye on everyone.

Swam breaststroke back and I was on track for a 15 minute swim.  Got out at 16 minutes.  I took a temp with my watch and it read 48.0f.

Goody was there to help encourage people and act as coach in overseeing the safety of everyone there.  It was very nice to have such a great turnout!  In fact six new swimmers earned caps.  They stayed in for 10 minutes.

We had quite a bit of pie and hot chocolate available for everyone.   What a fun afternoon!

400 yards in 16 minutes

No comments: