Friday, November 30, 2012

Mercy

This afternoon I stopped at SDRC and realized heading in that the pool was probably closed to the public and full of kids either doing lessons or on swim team.  I was right.  However there were three lanes that were empty and I was wondering why.  I asked the lifeguard if they were available and she said probably so and to ask the head guard who was doing lessons.  I asked him and he said sure.  I went back to the locker room and got changed.  When I got back I got in one of the lanes and right behind me were about 10 little kids and they took all three lanes and started swimming.

The coach arrived there giving out orders on the other side of the pool.  I stood there playing with my goggles watching.  10 swimmers, 3 lanes?  Really?  I got out and looked over the other areas of the pool for any open spots there were none.  I think she was watching me.  I started slowly to head towards my bag and tried to look disappointed and pathetic.  She waved at me and walked over telling me that that she normally has 18 swimmers and take all three lanes, but that she would consolidate the 10 swimmers into two lanes and that I could take the one.

What Mercy!  I was very grateful for this kind act.

I did:

1500 - 3 x 500's (400 breast, 100 kick)
1500 - 3 x 500's (400 kick with fins, 100 breast)
200 - 100 breast, 100 free
3200 yards total in 1:05

Yes I actually did normal freestyle on the last 100.  It was nice and easy.  Without hard pulling on either side.  It felt great and I am so looking forward to increasing that distance.

Looking forward to tomorrow where I plan to swim 5000 yards in the morning and then around 600 yards tomorrow afternoon in the GSL.  I'm  going to up my exposure just a little and going for 20 minutes.


No comments: