Thursday, November 15, 2012

English Channel Ratification


Man!  I have been waiting for this year's OW season to end just so I could get my certificate in the mail.  Not only did I get that, but I got the notes that Sam took, and all the coordinates, and stats that I love (Stroke per minute, water temp, duration of feeds, wave height, etc.)  When you pay for an English Channel Crossing.  You get your money's worth!

Congratulatory letter from Kevin Murphy:

Official certificate:

The Certificate


President is Nick Adams, 
Chairman is Michael Orem, 
Honorable Secretary is Kevin Murphy (King of the Channel)


Observer's Log:

Notes that the observer took (Sam Weatherall):

Pg1 

Pg 2 of Sam's Notes

Finally the Observer's Report and ratification.

Shoulder update:  Met with Dr. Gardiner today and he was very pleased with my range of motion and cautioned me to not get too excited and disobey orders and begin activity.  I don't plan to do any freestyle, but I will continue with very easy breaststroke in the short swims in the Great Salt Lake with the WFPBC.

Next swim:  Saturday afternoon at 3pm with Sue and Kate.  Expecting it to be around 6°C (44f)










1 comment:

Josh said...

SWEEEEEEEEET!!!!

I'm glad you got a copy of all the notes! I was impressed by everything that Sam was writing down as you swam.

Congrats!