Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Torn tendon @ rotator cuff

Had followup visit with Dr. Richards after the MRI, and sure enough.  I have a tear in one of the tendons attached to my rotator cuff.  It is about 1.5 cm, and not a complete tear so that I can't lift my arm at all, but it's significant enough to warrant surgery as we discussed before England.

So next Tuesday I discuss with the surgeon and hopefully we can get this thing going, so I can get to healing, and then back in the water!  Right now,  I'm hitting the weights (legs only), and the bike.  Upper body is getting some rest.  Looks like Slam the Dam is out for me.  But I'm definitely planning on starting up the WFPBC end of October.

2 comments:

Josh said...

Oh man! That sucks! I hope it is something that can be easily fixed and won't keep you from the water for too long.

DD said...

Let us all know when you're having surgery. Good luck and hoping for a speedy recovery!