Thursday, August 9, 2012

Hallelujah--received call from the crew

9:20 PM (England)

I finally got through to the crew on the pilot boat....apparently, they couldn't call out.    We have finally made connections anyway.

Gordon is about 1 1/2 hours ahead of schedule.    Josh Green is in the water swimming with him.     That can happen every 3 hours. . .but Josh must not get ahead of him. . . rules from the Channel HQ.   He is in the dark now and so has a glow stick stuck in his goggle elastic and in his watchband.    
No one on the boat is seasick. . . ocean is pretty calm. . . small waves.    I'll call them about every 30-45 minutes.      Report what I learn.

Roger and I read through the posts and are so grateful for the many friends and associates that offer Gordon their encouragement.   We have forwarded this news to the crew:    There are many people cheering him on. Thank you for your support.

PS:  My daughter, Elayna, asked if we were going to stay up throughout the night.   A "given" since how could we sleep????   I've had 32 grandchildren - awaited many a delivery.    This, however, tops the anticipation of a baby's arrival.

Laters,  Marcia.

5 comments:

Kristi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jodi said...

Keep up the good work Gords! We know you can do it. We want to know how he is feeling. Any shoulder pain? We're all cheering for you. (this is Josh's sister)

Stacey said...

Go Gordon Go! I have been glued to my computer the entire morning just waiting for updates. You are doing awesome..."just keep swimming, just keep swimming"

Kristi said...

The Randall's are cheering you on! Keep on going! You can do it!!

DD said...

I had a hard time sleeping last night!