Thursday, June 14, 2012

Loch Laura

I was thinking the name "The Great Salt Lake" is pretty lame.  I mean, its a description of it, but it really isn't a good name.  It has personality.  It can be asleep with the water flat as glass, and it can be grumpy.  It's very moody.  So it should be a woman.

If I were to name it, I'd call it "Loch Laura" (after the very moody Dr. Laura Schlessinger).  This morning Loch Laura was in a pissy mood.  It took me 1:20 to swim one lap of the Gridley Straight.  Granted I was feeling rather sluggish, but the waves were definitely an impact.  On the way back I realized I was only going to do one lap, so I took a much wider path back.  Good thing I tied my drink down to my board, cause it was dragging a couple times, and I would have been guilty again of littering, but I'm learning.

The temp this morning was also a little warmer than I like (71f), so I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and start doing trips up to Pineview at least once or twice a week in the mornings.  It'll mean I'll have to stay later to work to make up for coming in late, but it's only for less than two months!  Then I could care less about colder temperatures.

Total Distance: 2.3 miles in 1:20

No comments: