Sunday, April 1, 2012

Sand Hollow Reservoir

Cathi had a marathon yesterday morning and in between one of our moment of cheering for her, I took the kids and let them play on the beach while I did a few laps between the beach and a buoy out away from shore.













Lucy wanted to go out and swim too.  I was surprised that the water temp was 58-59°F.  I didn't feel good about leaving the kids on the beach for a prolonged period of time so I picked a buoy that was out from the beach about 300 yards and just did laps.  The first lap took 21 minutes as I went out with Lucy.  She did breaststroke for about 80% of it as the water on her face made her feel cold.

After that first lap I did three more laps and did approximately 2500 yards.  Then after the marathon did 1000 yards in the community pool at the resort we were staying at.  Not the best swim weekend, but lots of fun with the family!

It hasn't been all fun and games though.  During Lucy's swim, the strangest thing happened!  She was attacked.  See below to see what I'm talking about:




Total distance @ 3500 yards in 1:10

No comments: