Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Getting pre-fried

Yesterday on the way home I bought a one month pass to a tanning place.  I did this last year and it reaped huge benefits.  I did not get sunburned at all on any of my long swims last year because my skin tone was already dark, and could handle large amounts of ultraviolet light.  All I need is a good month of tanning about 3 times a week.  Come May I should be as brown as an Indian.  I'll still have to put on sunscreen, but it won't be as critical if it wears off in the water.

This morning on the way to the pool, I was really tempted to just go in to work and skip my swim.  Lately my work has been really stimulating and fun, but I tossed the lazy workaholic devil off my shoulder and went to the pool.  I'm so glad because today's workout was alot of fun.  Today's workout was thanks to Suzanne.

650 free (before masters) then joined SALT with....

600 warmup
1000 - 4 x 250's free desc 1-4 on 3:30
300 - 6 x 50's kick no fins
1950 - 3 sets of (150 drill, 8 x 25's swim, 100 free, 100 IM) rotate fly/back/breast
300 - 6 x 50's kick
800 - 4 x 200's pull on 2:40 desc 1-4
150 easy

Then did the workout all over again afterwards.  Felt great today.


10,250 yards total in 3:08


One more thing of note.  Including today's workout, I finally got over 3100 miles of logged swims.  That is the same as the furthest east to west distance of the continental US.   Now I can say I've swam all the way across the United States.  Whew!  I'm tired.

No comments: