Tuesday, January 24, 2012

At least I can spell S-W-I-M

There's this inspirational movie that I saw at my in-laws last year called Akeela and the Bee.  I watched it last night and there's a scene where she reads a motivational passage in the film.

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.  Our deepest feat is that we are powerful beyond measure.  We ask ourselves, "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?"  Actually, who are you not to be?  We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.  And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same." - a modified version of a quote from a book by Marianne Williamson

Good stuff.  Anyone can live their dreams.  One step at a time right?  Believe in yourself!

This morning, the lifeguard was up in the chair at 4:50.  What the heck?  That was awesome to get a jump start on the day.  Today's swim was fantastic.  It was all about just maintaining a strong pace:

10,000 - 4 x 2500 free no equipment, no stopping, just go!
600 - 100 IM/free/back/free/breast/free


10,600 yards total in 2:45

Felt great and was able to not only keep up, but lap some guy I was sharing a lane with who had the biggest diving fins I've ever seen!  Resting tomorrow since the pool will be closed for HS regionals.  Will pick it back up on Thursday.

1 comment:

Crystal Pistol said...

Hey there. Great quote! I love that one. Very inspiring. Thanks for your comment on my blog today. Happy swimming! :)