Friday, January 13, 2012

Small Taper for tomorrow

Tomorrow at noon is a polar bear plunge with and a bunch of other folks for charity.
 Afterwards I'm heading to SDRC with Goody and I'm gonna do a one hour postal.

 This morning I did a short little sprint set.

1000 free fast (13:29)
400 - 4 x 100's free on 1:30 (got 1:15-1:17 on them)
250 easy


1,650 yards total


Tapering always makes me feel like such a slacker!  Not to be a pessimist, but I don't think beating my distance from last year is gonna happen. I just haven't done the necessary speed work.  I'll be happy if I get more than 4200 yards.  I'll blame it on the facial drag I've got going.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Facial drag"? LOL - is that a beard?

Gords said...

Yeah, I'm hoping to be twinsies with Rob D at the Jamie Patrick swim camp in May.