Thursday, December 22, 2011

Mail from the King

Kevin Murphy -
King of the English Channel
Yesterday I got an email from Kevin Murphy, King of the English Channel.  He's the Honorary Secretary of the CS&PF.  He sent me the Application form for doing a solo swim as well as the medical form.  It was awesome getting a personal email from him.  I kinda felt like I was getting a letter back from Santa Klaus.  Sure he was just conducting CS&PF business, and it may have even been a form letter, but he actually hit "Send" to my email address.  How sweet is that?!

This morning I woke up at 0345 with a slight headache deep inside my brain.  It was about a 4 on the pain scale.  But I took some Ibuprofen and got my butt out of bed and on the way to the pool.

Did a shortened version of Tuesday's workout:

3000 free
2000 pull
At this point my headache was actually just a cloud on the inside of my head.    I could barely feel it, but it wasn't completely gone.
1000 kick with fins
1000 free
I was planning to repeat the 3000 free/2000 pull at this point, but only got in 1000 free before I could feel my headache building back up, and also I started to feel nauseous.  Kind of like being motion sick.  I called it a day at this point and went in to work.
7000 yards total in 2:00

Looking forward to tonight's Polar Bear Swim.  
  


No comments: