Monday, November 14, 2011

84.5°

This morning I was excited for a long swim again and was in the water a minute before 0500.  Before I got in however, while waiting for the lifeguard, I took a water temp.  Last Saturday's swim was just a couple hours after the meet and I remember feeling hot water coming out of the vents below me in the lane I was swimming in.  Sure enough Scott brought up the water temp back to its old lady temperature.  84.5.  Very lame! After my yearly membership expires (in a few months), I'm gonna go back to Layton.  They keep it cooler than that.  I already voiced my complaints twice so its falling on deaf ears.  I'm not about to join Masters for speed work in water that hot.  Today's workout was on my own and was nice and relaxed:

4000 - 2 x 2000's free (odd no equipment, even pull)
1000 - 2 x 500 kick with fins
8000 - 4 x 2000's free (odd no equipment, even pull)


13,000 yards total

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! A few of the pools around here at 83.5 which feels HOT to me. I sometimes get out of the pool to cool off during my rest intervals. The windy 45-degree air feels like a relief. I can't imagine how you can stand 84.5, especially with all the polar bear swims you're doing

Matt Gerrish said...

I have the same problem in Roy. It feels like soup most days and all the lap swimmers complain about it. The people at the desk say they keep it that hot because the old people doing water aerobics don't like it any colder. Ughh!!