Friday, October 28, 2011

What is the UTAH club anyway?

Today's workout was better, but I cut it should because I couldn't get out of my mind the inefficiency in dealing with other people and organizations that just don't respond in a timely fashion to my needs to getting the volunteer page up and running.  Then I thought about why South Davis Masters isn't a full blown club with a website like QUAC.  That organization seems so organized and on top of things, yet that's the ONLY club in Utah that is it's own entity and run professionally.  It would be nice to have another club besides "UTAH" which isn't really a club, its a dumping pot to go to.  But the Utah club doesn't really exist.  You might as well be UNAT.

So today's workout was:

1000 free
Masters:
400 - swim, kick, IM, swim
400 - 8 x 50's - 25 swim, 25 drill IM order twice
2000 - 5 x 400's free last three pull on 1:30, 1:30, 1:20, 1:15, 1:10
200 kick
550 easy


4550 yards total in 1:30

2 comments:

Josh said...

I totally agree. QUAC's website and organization is impressive. Look at all the non-swimming social activities and fundraisers they do as well. Swim Las Vegas is another good example of a really well run and organized Master's club.

I am registered as UNAT. If there was a more organized club, I would join in a second.

I'd still like to get the SLOW (Salt Lake Open Water) club going if there is enough interest.

Matt Gerrish said...

Now I don't feel so bad for joining UNAT. But Josh, I would certainly be interested in joining SLOW. If you guys kept that club organized like you do your open water races, I think the members would be in for a treat.