Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Disturbance in the Force

This morning I was in the water at 6:35am heading towards the eastern Marina buoy for a 5K swim in the GSL. I instantly noticed that the number of sea monkeys had dropped significantly.  I would estimate a 80-90% are dead.  It was kinda nice to see clear water rather than what often looks like a blizzard of white brine shrimp under the water.  But after a few minutes I missed them.  They added to the "disco affect" which put me in a trance like state while swimming.

I was wondering how many millions of brine shrimp had passed away just in the past 24 hours and felt a little bit like Obi Wan during a troubling moment on the Millenium Falcon when he said, "I feel a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced."


Today's swim was nice and easy.  Yesterday's workout was more about speed and keeping up with the fast.  Plus I'm planning to swim with Goody this evening.  Probably the same route.  


Total Distance: 3.2 miles
Time: 1:29


Here's a eulogy song I dedicate to all my recently passed friends in the Great Salt Lake.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this post.