Saturday, July 23, 2011

Early 10K swim in Pineview

Last night instead of going home after the night swim, I just camped out in the back of the van with Jacob.  Goody let me borrow his kayak paddle, since we had everything except that with us.  We took the seats out of the van and left them at home so we had then entire back of the van laid out with a big foam pad.  I slept great!  Woke up a little after 7 am as I heard a bunch of girls talking out in the parking lot.  I popped my head up and a handful of people in wetsuits were going for a swim.

Jacob and I got up and started making preps to get in.  We got in and head due east all the way to the other side of Pineview to shore.  A distance of 2.8 miles.  Then head back, but instead of going to the starting point went straight to the dam.  Then turned around and went back to the starting point.  I was tired and my shoulders were a little fatigued.  Not the best swim I've ever had, but I'll take it over not getting something in.


Total distance was 6.28 miles in 3:21

No comments: