Thursday, June 2, 2011

What now?

One thing I have learned about myself is that I'm extremely goal driven. I always have to have something grand to work for. After Tuesday's success, I have been thinking about what I need to work on next. The English channel is still 14 months away..

So next up for me is to lose 20 pounds. Over the past several months I have been allowing myself to eat anything I wanted realizing that it was going to add a nice layer to my body to help handle the cold swim. Now that the layer's real purpose is over it is time to get rid of it. I also need to focus now on the planned marathon swims I have this summer that do not have cold water elements involved. The best thing I can do in addition to losing 20 pounds is to work on SPEED. No more channel pace swimming! Time for some kick butt wake action.

This mornings swim was all about getting those shoulders moving and not necessarily about distance or speed. My left shoulder is very touchy and it was nice to hit the hot tub before and after this mornings swim:

1000 grandpa pace free
600 kick w/ no fins
400 IM EASY (1 arm fly)

2000 yards total

Computer down again! Limited to iPod till it gets fixed again. Grrr!

No comments: