Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Waking up naturally

Last night I set my alarm for 4:00 am,  however I forgot to turn it ON.  So I was having a very pleasant dream and at a critical point I suddenly woke up.  I looked over at the alarm clock and it read 4:10am.  Woah!  I got up and was in the water at 5:20am and swam:

10000 - 5 x 2000's free on 29:00
600 - 6 x 100's odd IM on 1:45, even free on 1:30


10,600 yards total in 2:37


After my shower there was a guy at my locker trying to open my lock. After a couple of failed attempts he was visually annoyed.  Then his friend came over and tried it without any luck.  I was laughing and finally said, "Hey, that's my lock.".  They could tell I was amused and they probably felt a little dumb.  Then he moved over two lockers (his lock had a red face and mine is black).  He tried his and it opened on the first try.  Haha.

Yesterday I finally registered for the Open Water Swimming Safety Conference in March.  Utah Masters is paying for my registration and hotel.  I have to pay for the airfare.  That's a great deal.   I'm very excited to go!

1 comment:

Josh said...

Nice! I still want to go to the conference and am looking into travel options. Since we are running the swim as an official business now, we can write of the travel expenses.