Saturday, February 12, 2011

Annual swim at Evanston Recreation Center

Gordon's cheesy smile before swimming at Evanston pool

Austin, Jacob, Jonas and I drove up to Evanston to participate in the yearly table tennis tournament they have up here. We got here at 9:30 and lap swim was from 10-noon. The boys started their doubles tournament while I swam. I did:

1000 free no equipment, go right into
2000 pull w/ankle strap
1000 kick
2000 pull w/ ankle strap
1000 free build sprint the last 100.
100 breast


7100 yards total

I met an older gentlemen named Richard Keeler who was watching my stroke for a long time. We talked about swimming technique, the English Channel, the different techniques for swimming efficiently. He seemed to be very knowledgeable about all the necessary drills and motions that an effective swimmer must do. I told him about the GSL swim in June hoping that we get an Evanston swimmer down there.

Today's swim was good. Felt nice and relaxed and did get a little bit of chaffing on the right shoulder, so I still need to get those arms out just a little more. Just when I think I'm doing better, I find that I still have much to improve on.

No comments: