Saturday, November 27, 2010

Drained

This morning I started my swim at 7:00am.  I was pretty drained right from the start, so today's workout was about just getting in and not being a bum.

1000 yards easy
2000 - 400 IM, 600 pull, 600 pull, 400 IM
500 kick (10 x 25 underwater dolphin, 25 back kick) with fins
500 - 5 x 100's odd IM, even free on 1:45
2000  pull
500 easy

6500 yards total

So this week was a record breaking week.  Swam 59,800 yards total this week.  I'm pretty happy with that.  I need to have a 40K average to get the Huron swim by the end of the year.  So I'm doing pretty good.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your swims are crazy long. I am doing the Virtual Open Water Swim of Lake Powell and was wondering how you got that cool graphic on the side? anyways good luck looking over the chart looks like you should easily win!

Gords said...

I started with just a screenshot of the lake from mapmyrun.com, then based on the daily updates of the spreadsheet, I just use paint to update it. It only takes a few seconds to keep it current.

There is a woman from Colorado that is currently ahead in the Huron race and another guy in Florida who is close behind me. So we'll find out in a couple days where we're all at. I'm hoping to finish it up before Dec 31st.