Wednesday, August 4, 2010

World Record Blog

Boy I must have really been bored during this morning's swim.  I was thinking and figured my swim log is probably a world record in that no other individual has an electronic, publicly available archive of pool workouts, and swimming related articles as this one.  I currently have 678 pages of pool workouts, open water swim reports and meet/event results on this site.  If someone could find another site by an individual with more data than this, I would LOVE to be proven wrong, and get a link.  I've looked and I just can't find it.  Cause I sure could use some variety come this winter when Open Water swims aren't a possibility.

Today's swim was tougher than normal.  I just wasn't feeling it.  I only get in that state about a couple days a month and this was one of them.  I met Josh at the boat ramp at BL at 6:30 and did one lap with him.  He got there at 6:00 and started his second lap when I started my first.  He had to get home so I did two more laps without him.  I was really struggling mentally.  I didn't have any aches or pains, just was having trouble getting into the zone.  And as you could tell my head was getting a little big.  I'm still quite a newbie to OW, only been doing it for two years, so I'm NOT an expert by any means!

Total Swim:  3 Laps (@ 3.25 miles) in 1:30

This will be my last swim until the Stansbury Island swim this Saturday.  I'll be going into BL tomorrow though for some trash cleanup along the perimeter of the lake.

2 comments:

Binza said...

Gordon- my blogroll has a bunch of swimmers on it, though not the volume of posts that you have. A number of them are channel swimmers/aspirants.

Do you do any cross training like bike and run?

Gords said...

I used to up until the Boise 70.3 this year. But after that I'm not. I do have to get back running though since I've registered to be a relay runner for the Las Vegas Ragnar in a couple months.