Saturday, February 20, 2010

Swimming at Evanston, WY

This morning Austin and I drove up to Evanston for the Annual Chinese New Year Table Tennis tournament. We went to JB's for a good breakfast. Then we went to the rec center and Austin played doubles while I swam. I was the only one in the pool for the first hour, and then another lady came in and swam the second hour. Here's what I ended up doing:

500 - 10x50 on 1:00 easy warmup
2400 - 6x400 (Descending 3-5 seconds each set) 5:55, 5:49, 5:43, 5:35, 5:24, 5:18
The last two sets were especially tough. I really had to focus on keeping my stroke long and pulling hard. I probably took the first few a little too moderate, but I definitely got my descending times.

100 easy
8x100 odds kick, evens pull, active recovery (keep heart rate up but don't kill it.)
400 free sprint (beat the 6th 400 set from above) - got 5:14
1000 - 2 x 500 Kick with fins
200 Free sprint get under 2:30 (2:28)
100 warmdown

total 5500

Felt great about this workout just cause I was able to get the descending times on those 400s like I wanted. I again got a pretty good cramp this time in my right calf and my kicking wasn't so much of a help on the last set, but still was able to get the descending time.

The pool was probably about 82 degrees. I wasn't overheated, but I definitely didn't say "Brrr" when I got in. The pool was clean and it was nice having so much space and not having any splash but my own. I sure wish it was spring already and I could go swim in a lake.

No comments: