Monday, September 14, 2009

Two laps in an unsettled toilet

I got a ton of sleep yesterday. I took a 3 hour nap in the afternoon and also got to bed last night at 9:30pm. I set the alarm for 6:00 am and slept through it till 6:20. So I got nearly 9 hours of sleep plus a nap in the past 24 hours! But it sure was tough getting up.

Both Layton and South Davis Rec Center pools are closed, so instead of not swimming at all, I decided to do a couple laps at Bountiful Lake.

Despite the storminess last night there weren't very many clouds in the sky at all. The sun had not yet popped over the mountain. I threw in the thermometer and eased my way in. It's getting colder. The water is usually as smooth as glass, but this morning it was a little choppy. Only tiny little 6 inch waves, but enough to make breathing sometimes involve getting some water in my mouth. YUCK! One of the only things that Bountiful is helping me prepare for the channel is to keep water out of my mouth.

Did two laps and by the time I started my second lap the sun came over the mountain top. When I finished there were quite a few fisherman at the Northeast corner where I enter/exit. They always just look at me like I'm a freak. It's funny. The thermometer read 67 degrees. Sweet! That's the coldest it's been so far and I'm looking forward to it getting to low 60's. I wasn't cold one bit, once I started swimming. It was perfect.

Will swim on Wednesday too here at Bountiful Lake (BL). I gotta quit calling it the toilet.

Distance: @ 2.2 miles (3900 yards)
Time: 58:13

No comments: