Friday, September 18, 2009

Ton of fisherman - 4 laps in Bountiful Lake

Today I got up at 5:45 and got ready to head out to Bountiful Lake. I started the swim at 6:45am and was planning on 4 laps. I did two full laps before the sun came up over the mountains. On my third lap I had to stop because I saw someone fishing from one of the islands which I've never seen before.

I had to check to see if I wasn't just imagining it when I breathed off to my left. By the time I finished the four laps there were about 15 cars in the parking lot. There were fisherman all over! I hope I'm far enough from the shore that I don't end up going over someones line or get a hook in my arm or something.

When I got out, one of the regular fisherman is this old lady who fishes right there next to the boat ramp. She has a walker loaded up with fishing gear. She said quietly her displeasure at seeing old plastic bottles floating in the water. I nodded my head in agreement. It is gross. There were about 4 of them that I could tell throughout the lake.

I also noticed a tree sticking out of the water only about 12 inches, located about 100 yards from the east fishing dock. I'd hate to run in to that. I'm surprised I haven't noticed it before.

Stats -
Distance: @ 4.4 miles
Time: 1:57
Water Temp: 67 degrees
Air Temp: 60 degrees

Tomorrow is the Top of Utah Marathon so I'll be up in Logan with the fam. Will be running the last 10K of it with Cathi. But no plans for a long swim/bike ride or run this weekend thanks to other family events (football game, Stake Conference)

Next weekend is my infamous Pocatello to Syracuse ride (160 miles) with Dale Majors.

No comments: