Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Mile Swim at Lake of the Woods

Here is the map of the swim I did:


I did 5 laps - 1.25 miles in 33 minutes. No wetsuit. When I did the fifth lap I had some major cramping in my right hamstring. I had to go on my back and skull backwards from the dock to the shore. Then when I got out I put on my sweatshirt and jogging pants and walked back with Tom Topik, Kenny Kimball, Greg Sparrow and several other boys. I was so cold when I got out that I couldn't talk. My jaw hurt so bad and I was chattering. I got back to camp and stood next to the fire. I was shaking so badly it was embarrassing. It took me a good hour to get back to normal. I was ticked that I didn't take my thermometer, but I suspect it was below 60 degrees. Now that I've done the mile without the wetsuit, next time I'll use the wetsuit and go further.

From Scouts

No comments: