Saturday, July 18, 2009

Last swim in Lake of the Woods

Tomorrow we leave for home and I wanted a good swim in today. I could only get one more group to spot me, but no adults. This time I got Hayden Buchi, Michael McConkie and Ryan Miggin to spot me in a boat. At first it took them a while to figure out how to work together and row hard. I was impressed with each lap that they were getting better about steering the boat and going in a straight line.

I wore the wetsuit again and the water was a little colder than last time. It was sunny yesterday, but today it was overcast. Today I did 8 laps (2 miles). On the last lap I wanted to give the boys a challenge and yelled out that if they could paddle faster than me on the last lap they'd each get a dollar. They didn't paddle the entire length, but I didn't care, I just wanted them to go fast. So I gave them each a dollar afterwards. Did the 8 laps in just under an hour.

Even less of an issue with the cold after getting out. Was back to normal by the time I got to the Trading Post at the lodge.

I'm really going to need to get some cold water training to get acclimatized to cold water. Next week I'll be doing 10K with John and Craig at Pineview. I'm looking forward to it.
From Scouts

No comments: