Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Bilateral Breathing

Today during today's workout when I was focusing on Bilateral Breathing I had a flashback to when I would lifeguard at Deseret Gym and Katie Ostler would swim during her break. She had the best form I have ever seen. It was very fluid and not lopsided at all. The thing that entertained me the most was that she had slight head jerk when her head was in the water and her arms would enter on the side she was not breathing on. The slight head jerk looked robotic in movement. It was a unique thing that I've never seen anybody else do. It didn't affect her efficiency in the water or anything, just a individual characteristic of her stroke that was observed. I wonder how Katie Ostler is doing now. I tried taking her out a few times but she always had something else going on, so I gave up figuring I should just get a clue.

Here's today's workout:

1000 - 1000 Warmup left side breathing only!
1000 - 2 x (100 flykick, 100 freekick, 100 fly kick on back, 100 flutter kick, 100 Free) first set with fins.
1000 - 10 x 100's pull on 1:30 (all under 1:15) odd - left side breathing only even - bilateral breathing
1000 - 2 x (400 IM, 100 IM fast)

4000 yards total

No comments: