Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Swimming with Steve Roberts

This morning we had a hard time getting out the door in time. We were 15 minutes later than planned, but at least we got out.

1000 - 1000 Warmup
1500 - 5 x (100 Touch and Pull Drill,
100 CrossOvers
100 Two-fingered free)
500 - 5 x 100's free descending on 2:00 (1:22, 1:22, 1:14, 1:06, 1:08)
200 - 200 IM EZ

3200 Yards total

When I got out I dried off and then went to get Cathi's water bottle and she was talking to some guy in the lane next to us. She said, "Look who's here!". It was Steve Roberts from our old Fruit Heights neighborhood. I didn't know he swam. Apparently he is a triathloner as well and big into biking. He rides with a bunch of his neighbors and is doing Lotoja this year. He offered to let Cathi use his road bike at the Ogden Valley which was really nice.

I also told him about the Deer Creek Open Water race and that we were going to be having Cathi practice the canoe this weekend and he offered a kayak which should be a ton easier for her to control. It isn't one of the narrow spin over type kayaks, its the short and wide one. I think we'll take him up on that. It was good to see him and makes me glad to have good friends (which we should be better at keeping in touch with).

Then I biked to work from Layton Surf N' Swim.

No comments: