Thursday, February 7, 2008

Flying Solo tonight

Tonight Cathi had a church meeting to go to. She was supposed to be back in time, but you know how old women like to chit chat and go off topic. Cathi was bugged that she had to miss swimming. I went ahead without her. Here is what I did:

1200 - Warm up - non stop
300 - 200 Free, 100 Breast
1000 - 10 x 100's free - First 5 pulling, 5 regular
250 - 100 Touch and Pull Free/fist/fingertip drags, 100 Breast, One over under

2750 Yards total

Felt really good to have the stamina to do 1200 straight. Did it without wishing I could stop. Felt great. Crowded pool. Some guy asked me for advice on his kicking. He made several compliments on my swimming. I don't like praise from strangers really. I just don't know how to respond. I just said "Thanks" and smiled, but felt like a doofus.

No comments: